Papayas grow all over Tanzania and other countries in East Africa. We eat them as a snack or after meal. Nowadays people also like to eat for breakfast for healthy reasons. Serve 4
- 1 1/2 lb. (3/4 kg) papaya
- 2 – 3 cups water (Use only 1 cup of water for a smoothie texture)
- 1/4 cup white sugar (Optional) You can also use a little bit of honey
1. Peel the papaya and remove all seeds
2. In a blender, blend papaya, water and sugar until smooth. It is better to start with only one cup of water first, then add the rest.
3. Add water if you think it is too heavy.
4. Add ice or put in the fridge to chill
5. Serve cold and it is better to drink the juice within 12 hours; but you can keep for a few more days.
I did post this recipe for the first time in August 24, 2013 at www.tasteoftanzania.com