Many African countries love ginger juice, tea and beer. A touch of lemonade in ginger juice is not only the best homemade drink but also healthy.
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 oz / 57 gm fresh ginger root
- 1 to ¼ cup sugar
- 6 cups water
- Clean and cut ginger root into small pieces, then put in blender. Add water at the same lever with the ginger. Blend to a smooth puree.
- Use strainer to separate water from ginger puree. Pour over the strainer about ¼ cup of water to get as much flavor out of the ginger puree.
- In a clean juice pitcher, add 6 cups of water, and then add the fresh squeezed lemon juice, ginger juice and sugar. Add sugar to your taste if the quantity given is not sweet enough.
- Serve at room temperature or cold. Garnish with a slice of lemon sprinkled with salt; also it wont hurt to add some rum for the mature friends